Flexi Bank Student Support Worker – Residential Services
Based at Beaumont College Lancaster, Slyne Road, Lancaster, LA2 6AP
Beaumont College supports special school leavers including those with complex autism and social and emotional challenges.
Some of our students have excellent language skills, while others may communicate in different ways. All have learning difficulties. For individuals in this group of students, they may have developed strategies for communication over their lives that aren’t as helpful or easy to understand as they reach adulthood. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, our ethos and culture is to support our young people to develop strategies focusing on positive behaviours, reducing and ideally removing the need for our young people to deploy unhelpful strategies to communicate their needs, be heard, listened to and understood.
You will work with identified students as part of a small team around the student, enabling and empowering them to prepare for fulfilling busy lives as young adults. Along the way, there will be fun, memories to make and a significant journey of ups and downs. As they graduate our young people demonstrate the progress they have made through their actions. And they have achieved this because they have been empowered by the staff who support them. Are you the next member of our amazing team?
- FREE Online 24/7 GP Service for you and your family from a GP who can prescribe
- Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme - Instantly earn points and cash rewards
- Sovereign Health Care Plan
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
- Blue Light Card
- Blink, our internal communications app
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- At Salutem, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
- We are a Global Top 100 Inspiring Workplace - We celebrate our recent recognition as a top 100 Inspiring Workplace Globally with special recognition for our efforts in communication and employee experience.
- Our Competency Framework – You’ll have a transparent path to progress through our career pathways and pay bandings. This means you'll always know exactly what skills and achievements are needed to advance in your career.
- We have developed a core and cluster model - We specialise in supporting children and young people who have emotional and behavioural needs, autistic spectrum condition, and physical / learning disabilities with access to education opportunities being at the core of our work.
- As a student support worker, you will be supporting students in classroom environments, assisting in accessing the community, and participating in activities to help develop life skills together with assisting them with their personal care needs.
- You will contribute to creating a nurturing environment where students can lead fulfilling lives, free from fear, and in line with their needs and aspirations. You will be supporting their personal growth by assisting them in maintaining personal hygiene, maximizing their comfort, and fostering their abilities as well as minimising risks.
- You will promote and empower students to actively participate in college activities by providing support within college sessions and in the community at large.
- Effective communication serves as the cornerstone of our approach. By truly understanding the needs of our students, team members, and the organisation, you will ensure seamless implementation of an agreed care plan.