The Business Administrator Apprentice undertakes a number of general office administration and reception duties. They work closely with the Receptionist/Group Executive Coordinator to help maintain a smooth and efficient office. The Office Administrator is proactive in their work habits and shows high interest and engagement in all tasks delegated to them by their Line Manager.
General office administration
• Opening, sorting and date stamping incoming mail
• Distributing mail after being checked by the Office Manager/Receptionist
• Clearing the office mail trays and taking to Post Office for posting.
• Deliveries during the day to other companies as required
• Photocopying, scanning and binding as required
• Collation of materials for senior executives including making up information/board packs
• Liaising with IT to set up email addresses and office equipment for new starters
• Any other duties as requested from time to time
• Checking, stocktaking and ordering stationery weekly
• Checking and stocktaking kitchen supplies including milk, tea, coffee etc
• Keeping kitchen tidy including filling/emptying dishwasher and ensuring fridge contents are fresh
• Topping up printers and photocopiers with paper throughout the day
• Ordering toners and cartridges for printers and photocopiers and arranging pick up of recycling containers
• Collecting lunches for corporate meetings
• Assist with organizing staff events
• Assist with hotel bookings as requested.
Reception cover (as required)
• Answering phone and forwarding all messages
• Greeting clients and advising staff of their arrival
• Managing meeting room bookings
• Arranging tea and coffee for meetings
• Checking meeting rooms are tidy after use (including wiping benches and tables)