Our Supported Living Service in Leytonstone is recruiting!
Harold Road is a 5-bed supported living service providing care and support for adults with learning disabilities and mental health conditions. Every person we support is enabled to live an independent lifestyle and the chance to develop and practice independent living skills, enabling them to achieve their goals and aspirations.
The individuals we support include Maxwell, who regularly attends Church. He often takes trips out to the city and loves to shop! He loves completing word searches and puzzles and loves meals at home and out with friends. Maxwell also loves to look for new international foods to try during his food shop! Other individuals they support at Harold Road love to go shopping, go out for food and trips to the pub for a pint! They often partake in arts & crafts, and they love to dance and listen to music! They love to spend time in their garden and recently won a Special CEO Commendation for their amazing efforts in the Salutem in Bloom 2022 competition!
At Harold Road, every day is an adventure, where you will be supporting individuals to have a life as independant as possible, creating memories and fulfilling dreams.
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
Now we've shared a glimpse of what it's like to work for us, let us introduce ourselves. We’re Salutem and we are committed to making a positive impact on the lives of thousands of children and adults in England and Wales across our residential homes, schools and day centres. Our dedicated support teams empower individuals to overcome any obstacles and live the life they choose.
The support we provide enables individuals to live independently in their own home, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Support for Living enables individuals to live independently in their own homes, empowering them to make choices and decision about how they want to live their life and achieve their dreams.
Being fully in control of their home and support, we support individuals with all aspects of their life, which may include; managing their tenancy, personal care, attending education provisions or employment opportunities, paying bills, shopping, cooking, going on holiday, to concerts, the theatre, living their best life.
Support for Living is about breaking down barriers and a big part of your role will be enabling people to have the same rights and access to opportunities as everyone else in society, whilst having great fun along the way.
We want the best for everyone we support and that's what makes us a family. If you have the ability to support someone to feel at home, be their true self, and do what makes their heart happy - we want to hear from you. This is a meaningful role and will suit someone who is looking to make a difference and make memories that'll last a lifetime.
We know our staff put 100% into building brighter futures for the individuals we support. That's why we offer career progression no matter where you start in the organisation. Your progress here will be regularly reviewed and as you gain expertise your rate of pay will increase. We believe in creating a Career from Care and we want the support workers we recruit now to become our managers of the future!
We’re committed to supporting the wellbeing of our team and our benefits package has something for everyone – including these key highlights:
- Competency Frameworks and Pay Scales – We have a development and reward initiative in place for all our individual colleagues and teams, showing clear career pathways, progression & promotion opportunities, and pay scales to work towards if desired.
- Blue Light Card – Working in social care, all our staff qualify for thousands of discounts in shops, restaurants, and venues on the high street with a Blue Light Card. You can register to get 2-years access to the Blue Light Card for £4.99 and reclaim this cost via our expenses process.
- Wagestream - Any day can be payday with Wagestream, as you can withdraw some of your wages earned early.*
- Care Friends, Refer-a-Friend Scheme – Instantly earn points and cash rewards for referring people you know for roles at Salutem.
- Sovereign Health Care Plan – Affordable cover to help with your healthcare and private medical costs.
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance - To protect all our staff from day one of employment, we provide a Death in Service benefit via Canada Life, which is offered at 1 x your annual salary.
- Blink, our internal communications app - Giving you a voice and a sense of community across the organisation.
- Pension scheme - for all qualifying staff
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As an organisation, we're committed to supporting our teams and offering a range of perks that look after your financial, mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
We hope this gives you a little glimpse into this role and vibe of our organisation. We want everyone at Salutem to live their best lives, and look forward to hearing from you too! #applynow