Principal at Ingfield Manor School
Start Date: April or September 2024.
Salary: £60488 - £79122 per annum
Location: Ingfield Manor School, Five Oaks, West Sussex
At Ambito Education (part of the Salutem Group), we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability.
Ingfield Manor School is an INMSS residential special school that offers both residential and day programmes for pupils with PMLD or ASC associated difficulties. We also have recently opened a specialist Post 19-day college provision that is registered as a satellite of and working alongside Beaumont College in Lancaster.
At IMS we work as one team to make a difference to the lives of our students. Our aim is to enable students to take responsibility for their own lives in whatever form this takes.
Within IMS we have three different cohorts that share a common location and ethos but which have separated access.
Students are offered a variety of specialist support from highly trained staff, working alongside our teachers. Each student accesses the curriculum daily with a bespoke package of intervention, therapeutic support or through one-to-one teaching and this allows them to make considerable progress towards their EHCP outcomes.
We are a centre for Conductive Education and offer this to our students with complex physical needs. This is led, in class, by approved Conductors to enable students to learn more specific and complex physical actions which will be learnt naturally by most children.
Are you an aspiring senior leader who is person centred and strives to provide the best opportunities for their student’s? Then please read on!
Main Duties: As Principal, there is an expectation of enabling strategic leadership, operational oversight and providing direct support and guidance to the three different branches of our educational offer: being IMS school and the newly created Woodview Provision and Post 19. All of these have seen substantial growth in recent times, and we need the Principal to have experience in multi-area management and provide effective dynamic support for a range of cohorts within one site. Whilst retaining the uniqueness of each provision and striving to increase engagement from local and surrounding LA's, the Principal is also accountable for HR, H & S including risk management and the safeguarding of our students.
▪ Provide dynamic leadership to the staff across all three establishments and take the overall responsibility for the planning, budgeting, occupancy levels and resources and safeguarding. ▪ Share the vision and passion to work with colleagues to develop the commercial vision for the college and associated sites. Striving to diversify, celebrate current successes and secure revenue.
▪ To work positively with the Divisional Director and his Deputy to enable them to deliver their responsibilities effectively.
▪ To work positively with the Chair of the LGB and other link Governors as they provide support and challenger where required.
▪ To work positively and pro-actively with parents instilling a transparent approach and any other key stakeholders to create strong relationships.
▪ To provide leadership, and development of the multi-disciplinary team, to deliver a responsive, high quality, outcome focused approach to students, young people, their families, and partner agencies.
▪ Continually seeking to ‘grow our own’ approach of upskilling and professionally developing current staff. ▪ To support and develop best practice to ensure the unique offer continues to be the first choice for parents and young people.
▪ To ensure that students’ educational, physical, and emotional needs are met in accordance with their individual plans and provide alternative and sector leading means of evidencing this. ▪ To ensure the provision takes full account of the requirement of the regulators and the commissioners.
▪ To support the active marketing of ‘The Brand’ and any associated services ▪ To support the strategic development of the range of Beaumont College services as well as IMS and Woodview.
▪ To devise and agree the school development plan and associated annual plans, based on the projected needs, financial forecasts, and overall Group strategy, including development of new services.
▪ To develop and lead the site in this transition, where the college’s future will be set for years to come.
This job description should not be seen as all encompassing, and the post holder will be expected to undertake any other responsibilities appropriate to the post as identified by the company.
What makes Salutem Different?
• At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
• We are a Global Top 100 Inspiring Workplace - We celebrate our recent recognition as a top 100 Inspiring Workplace Globally with special recognition for our efforts in communication and employee experience.
• We have a trauma-based approach to working – We are working in partnership with multi-award-winning Innovating Minds, setting a precedent as the first residential children’s home service to take progressive steps to deliver trauma-informed care.
• Our Competency Framework – You’ll have a transparent path to progress through our career pathways and pay bandings. This means you'll always know exactly what skills and achievements are needed to advance in your career.
• We have developed a core and cluster model - We specialise in supporting children and young people who have emotional and behavioural needs, autistic spectrum condition, and physical / learning disabilities with access to education opportunities being at the core of our work.
Our Core Values
• We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential • We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the students who use our services and by seeking innovative ways in which to work with all our students. • We are Loyal because we put the students that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do, and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
• We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
• We are Transparent by being open, honest, and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences, and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
• We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
• We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities