Therapy Assistant. 32 hours over 4 days (Mon-Fri) Term Time Only
Salary: Hourly rate is £11.60 - £12.70 dependent on experience.
Pro-rata = £16,555.52 to £18,125.44
FTE = £24,128.00 to £26,416.00
Beaumont College is a very special place. We provide highly personalised pathways for special school leavers, and we support them in the journey to become adults, and to live independent and fulfilling lives as far as possible.
Our main college is located on a 7 acre site with a wide range of accommodation for students to live and learn. As part of therapy team you will be working with physiotherapists and occupational therapists to support students to reach their full potential with their health and wellbeing and prepare for adulthood.
The Beaumont College family work closely together to provide opportunities for special school leavers to prepare for full and busy lives as adults. Empathy, patience and understanding of special educational needs or a willingness and aptitude to learn are key to the postholders appointment.
- FREE Online 24/7 GP Service for you and your family
- Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme - Instantly earn points and cash rewards
- Sovereign Health Care Plan
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
- Blue Light Card
- Blink, our internal communications app
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Responsibility of the foot-care for the residential students.
- Support at Hydrotherapy.
- Support in sessions – facilitating use of therapy equipment within the education sessions, confidence supporting education and support staff to use therapeutic equipment safely.
- Carrying out individual exercise sessions under supervision of physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
- Running of an exercise group – stretch and chill or yoga, under supervision/guidance of physiotherapist.
- Assisting OT’s in implementing graded programmes to support students to develop independence skills.
- Some admin support to the physiotherapy and OT team.
- Training and mentoring the wider staff team via an MDT approach and sharing of best practice to support the social model of disability.
- At Salutem, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
- We are a Global Top 100 Inspiring Workplace - We celebrate our recent recognition as a top 100 Inspiring Workplace Globally with special recognition for our efforts in communication and employee experience.
- Our Competency Framework – You’ll have a transparent path to progress through our career pathways and pay bandings. This means you'll always know exactly what skills and achievements are needed to advance in your career.
- We have developed a core and cluster model - We specialise in supporting children and young people who have emotional and behavioural needs, autistic spectrum condition, and physical / learning disabilities with access to education opportunities being at the core of our work.