Conductor of Education - Maternity cover from April 2024. A full time position is also available sooner.
Salary/Rate: £27,000-£29,500 dependent on experience. Full-time - Monday-Friday
Term Time only. Permanent role.
Based at Ingfield Manor School, Billingshurst, RH14 9AX.
Ingfield Manor School is a day and weekly boarding school for 60 pupils and students from age 3-19 with neuro-motor impairments such as cerebral palsy. In addition to supporting individuals with speech and language needs, we are one of the UK’s leading Conductive Education providers. Our school is an exciting and rewarding place to work with excellent resources, including a state-of-the-art multi-sensory room and accessible woodland.
We are looking for a Conductor to be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of agreed aims and programmes for a group of students (in either primary, secondary or sixth form) reflecting the Conductive Education ethos of the school, and to be a member of a trans-disciplinary team. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment.
At Ingfield Manor School, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of our services is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults, young people and children.
- To develop, implement, and lead Conductive Education practice
- To implement group and individual independence programmes in collaboration with the other professionals and to be involved in associated planning and preparation and share expertise and knowledge
- To be involved in whole school training in Conductive Education, including supporting the development of Conductor Assistants
- To provide exemplary modelling of effective planning, leading and development of holistic Conductive Education practice
- To monitor, evaluate and assess pupil progress and learning in order to inform planning and identify individual needs
- To plan for dynamic learning environments and ensure the learning environment is adequately resourced to promote function, independence and application of skills
- To encourage, and be an active participant in, communication with parents and guardians
- To maintain good standards of physical and emotional care and be involved in all aspects of the pupils’ day
- To provide intimate care
- To ensure that high standards are set for the presentation, safety and hygiene of the working environment and maintenance of equipment
- FREE Online 24/7 GP Service for you and your family from a GP who can prescribe
- Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme - Instantly earn points and cash rewards
- Sovereign Health Care Plan
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
- Blue Light Card
- Blink, our internal communications app
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- At Salutem, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
- We are a Global Top 100 Inspiring Workplace - We celebrate our recent recognition as a top 100 Inspiring Workplace Globally with special recognition for our efforts in communication and employee experience.
- Our Competency Framework – You’ll have a transparent path to progress through our career pathways and pay bandings. This means you'll always know exactly what skills and achievements are needed to advance in your career.
- We have developed a core and cluster model - We specialise in supporting children and young people who have emotional and behavioural needs, autistic spectrum condition, and physical / learning disabilities with access to education opportunities being at the core of our work.