Student Support Workers. 35 hours a week term time only.
We are looking for 3 males who have the aptitude, emotional, intuitive intelligence and be fit and active people to support specialist college students to prepare for adulthood:
- Students commonly have a diagnosis of complex Autism/ADHD and learning difficulties,
- Positive Behaviour Training preferred and/or an aptitude to work with students who might communicate through behaviours of concern and be willing to undertake the training
- Team members should be fit and active – students commonly have strategies that include exercise and the outdoor activities
- Training in intensive interaction etc provided, speech and language therapist support on site
- Positive Behaviour Support available on site and remotely
Beaumont College supports special school leavers including those with complex autism and social and emotional challenges.
Some of our students have excellent language skills, while others may communicate in different ways. All have learning difficulties. For individuals in this group of students, they may have developed strategies for communication over their lives that aren’t as helpful or easy to understand as they reach adulthood. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, our ethos and culture is to support our young people to develop strategies focusing on positive behaviours, reducing and ideally removing the need for our young people to deploy unhelpful strategies to communicate their needs, be heard, listened to and understood.
You will work with identified students as part of a small team around the student, enabling and empowering them to prepare for fulfilling busy lives as young adults. Along the way, there will be fun, memories to make and a significant journey of ups and downs. As they graduate our young people demonstrate the progress they have made through their actions. And they have achieved this because they have been empowered by the staff who support them. Are you the next member of our amazing team?
- FREE Online 24/7 GP Service for you and your family from a GP who can prescribe
- Wagestream – where any day can be a payday
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme - Instantly earn points and cash rewards
- Sovereign Health Care Plan
- Canada Life, Group Life Assurance
- Blue Light Card
- Blink, our internal communications app
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service)