The Birchwood family are recruiting!
Birchwood is a vibrant and welcoming 14-bed residential care home in Chesham with three purpose-built, spacious bungalows, supporting adults with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. We provide a high level of support to enable all the people we support to meet their personal goals and future aspirations! Birchwood is located close to the town centre with the shops just ten minutes away. There are also pubs and coffee shops just around the corner!
The individuals we support are a sociable bunch and love spending time with friends at home and out in the community. With the local coffee shop just minutes away, you’ll often find us there having chatting and enjoying our time together. The individuals we support like going into the town centre with their support workers and are often shopping. There are lots of beautiful walks around Chesham and the Roald Dahl Museum isn’t very far either.
We are all very well supported here as staff at Birchwood and none of our efforts go unnoticed. We understand what’s important and always try our best to help the individuals live their best lives! No two days are the same, one day we’re partaking in a family event or party and the next we’re out window shopping and sightseeing! There is huge variety in the role and lots to learn with lots of opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
At Salutem Care and Education, we recognise the value and wisdom that come from all stages of life. Join our team to be a part of a community that truly appreciates the richness of age diversity.
You will be responsible for:
- The overall operation of the services ensuring the smooth running and the allocation and management of staff
- The delivery of excellent operational services, regularly supervising the Team Leaders
- Ensuring the effective and efficient provision of support to the people using the services
The overall objective is to increase their social development and life skills to enable them to live independently in the wider community.
· Do you feel you can offer a SUPPORTIVE environment to enable people to grow and develop?
· Can you inspire the people we support and your team to be AMBITIOUS and embrace new opportunities?
· Are you LOYAL, are you able to put the needs of very complex people first?
· Do you value UNIQUE ideas and ways of working, do you support innovative practices?
· Can you work in TRANSPARENT, open, working environments and foster inclusive working cultures?
· Can you bring energy, positivity and an ENGAGING mind-set to work?
Are you passionate about enabling people to have a MEANINGFUL life, to have new experiences or even develop new skills?
You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent administrative skills and be able to organise and priorities your work load whilst being financially astute
You will need to be experienced in social care management and CQC Framework and will possess excellent knowledge of Health & Social Services and applicable regulations/legislation.
You will have experience of motivating and enabling a staff team to achieve good outcomes in partnership with the people we support, and with an emphasis on role modelling best practice in a care environment
You will have a proven track record of improving and developing services for people with disabilities.
Above all, you should be as approachable, as reliable and as dedicated as we are, and you’ll be poised to hit the ground ‘sprinting’ Professional Qualifications:
You will join us with a QCF Level 5 Adult Management Diploma, or equivalent qualification, or be eligible to complete the Level 5 Diploma Employee benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training/Qualification Opportunities
- Internal progression opportunities
- Employee Support Helpline - You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
As a Registered Manager you can earn up to 40% of your Salary as bonus
We’re keen to reward our managers when they get things right because doing well is important to us. Our Management Bonus Scheme takes into consideration a range of KPIs from inspections, audits, staffing, finances, training, annual leave, sickness and more. Meeting targets in all these areas will result in a performance bonus. The better you do the bigger your bonus. Another great reason to work with us as we commit to rewarding your success!